6/05/2006

A Catch Phrase.

I love you! Yes, I do.
So my Cathar goes and pulls a fast one on me today.
“Say, in the last week, how many times has the Lord—sexy Him—said, ‘I love you’—that all-powerful phrase--to you?”
(“I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you! Seven times seven and seven more‚ and seventy times seven, and seven million, billion, trillion, gazillion times seven more, I love you! My love for you is never–ending, everlasting‚ and beyond infinity! I love you!”)
Ouch! Err…… that many.
(Don’t try to figure it out. I did, it didn’t help much)
“Okay, for the next part. How many times have you said it—that all-powerful phrase—to others?”
Another ouch.
Have you ever been hit hard—really hard—square in the gut—by one of your spirit helpers? What ever happened to the “helping” part of their job?
Then, as a last touch to help maximize the pain: “Don’t answer.”
Fine, I won’t.
But I do need to start catching up.
I love you! And you! I love you, and your sister, and you—especially your sister.
I love you! No wait, I adore you!
I love you, too.
(How else do you say I love you in an original way?)
Maybe this. Kneeling down, ring, fake diamond, dreamy all over my eyes, and a pause. “I love you,” in a whisper.
Or this. A full stadium, a winning touchdown, celebration, floodlights reaching their peak, confetti, throngs. “I love you,” in a scream.
What else?
Let’s try this one. An anchorman, serious moments, sudden realization--“Wait a minute! I love you.” The camera man wrinkles his eye-brows—you love me? No, not you, behind you—live television. “I really do love you!” A jump over the desk, go get her! No one gets their news that day--only weather and sports.
Then there’s tradition.
A huge traditional hat—(and I mean, city block type of huge)—right below a balcony, traditional paint pealing off of it, a traditional band playing their traditionally acoustic instruments. “I love you,” with way too much traditional vibrato.
I'm sure there are more, but my creativity is running short. I'll end it there.
But (I love you!) I (I love you!) love (I love you) you! Yes, I do.

Gio.

PS: Yes, you've got it. I love you.

PPS: Take that Mr. Perfect One!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comments for this one? Come on!!! What's wrong with your readers?

Joe.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is off beat. Or something.

Gio.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahhahaha good oneeeee

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a cute post, I love it. and its true I don't think I said "I love you" to anyone this whole week. shame on me. :(

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Gio!

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home