8/29/2007

Here Goes Nothing.

This is it. The song I was telling you about; that I'll sing to you sometime. My very first song ever.

If it's there, why not use it? I love you!

Gio.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote myself a letter to you
The letter for you, I wrote myself.
I tried to say how I see you
How I saw you, through the ice
I know this feeling, as it hits you
I know I've had it all before
I know you hate it. Pride that haunts you
Love that hates you; not for you
I tried to tell you—my eyes to yours—
I've seen your answer once before...

Dare to live. Dare to die
Dare to give, dare to fight
Dare to love, and ignite
The torch inside

So closed into a private icebox
A private cellblock, frozen shut
I saw you in there, freezing over
Looking under, I saw you there
But I've seen it—tried to tell you;
A blazing fire to keep you warm
To melt the layers, icy barriers
A torch's fire found inside
Glowing softly, melting slowly
Telling you just where to start...

Dare to live. Free to die
Dare to give, free to fight
Dare to love, and ignite
The torch inside
Break the ice

Where would we be?
Without freedom we would freeze
Without its love, its warmth, its peace
Where would we be?
What is left?--frozen memories,
Another lie, a fantasy
Without freedom we would freeze
Without love, where would we be?

You are free.

Free to live. Free to die
Free to give, free to fight
Free to love, and ignite
The torch inside

The torch inside

Melting slowly--tender, loving
Heating softly, you will see.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

so...what style would that be?

you know, it would probably make a great: emocore (look up) song.

Love, Joe.

PS
I'm sorry for forgetting about u for so long man. A month at a camp will do that, no? And I'm only inbetween camps.........

12:38 AM  
Blogger Gio said...

It already has music. I wouldn't call it emo (the music style), though it definitely has an emotional "burst" ("You are free" is scrum twice after the bridge--yes, scrum). It is, though not limited to, acoustic punk on a minor key. Hopeful instead of depressing, I hope.
I think.

(whisper: Claire, I'll play for you sometime. *smile*)

Much love!

Gio.

PS: No worries.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice song! I very much like! :D

-Laura

3:23 PM  
Blogger Taire and Clina said...

It's nice... :D.

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful words Gio. I hope the music doesn't ruin them. LOL, JK.

I love you!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey awesome song...you should record it!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gio I love your song, but I hate the way they played it down in the basement of the alameda house...I only refer to it as that because we´ve moved twice after that (Smiles and giggles a bit) I hope I can hear your sing it one day...misses you!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home