11/09/2005

Stealing Milk.

Another secret.

Some of the things my Home would know if they only read my blog.

Shows how much they care.

A lot. I’ve been getting in trouble lately.

Okay, so we have this place we can go to once a century or so. Or whenever we remember to call. Once a century.

Great fun. It gives us what I like to call “damaged goods”. So damaged, in fact, it was dead. The rat that is. But that’s repulsive. Remind me to take it off before finishing the post.

It’s this huge place. Tons of cans. We get the damaged ones. Way in the back. Way way.

The little room is a blazing oven. And it gets better. It’s well guarded by this giant, over-hanging piece of concrete. Mexican structural design.

Have you ever danced limbo (that’s right, you don’t play limbo, you dance it) with half-a-ton of bean cans over you? I have. I think I heard a snap or two. Which makes me the new limbo champion.

My back hurts.

But the best is yet to come.

So we finish. All done. The hardest is over. We should be home in a jiffy, right?

Wrong.

I love contradicting myself. And you should too.

Traffic. Plenty of it.

You should have seen us.

This huge pick-up truck. Huge and old. Full of cans. Three hours in traffic.

I wrote a flash-story about someone stuck in traffic once. He dies at the end. After going completely crazy.

Guess where I got the idea from.

Yes. It happens.

We listened and sang to “Heat” the entire trip. A great CD.

I would normally listen to Eagle Bleeds while on this errand. I have that whole thing memorized. Every key, every flat and sharp.

I eventually got bored of that. So, I memorized the guitar. Every note, every riff. Everything.

Then the bass.

I’m working on the drums. It has some hard beats to play on there, you know. With your mouth that is. But I’ll manage.

Hey, it’s a long trip. I have to entertain myself somehow. This time it was Heat. No Eagle Bleeds.

We eventually ran out of music. Sad.

Solution? We took turns singing our favorite songs, the rest singing along.

Great classics such as High Ho, Ho-Hum, Hi-Diddly Di, and other greats.

We ran out of those too.

Well, we didn’t do that, but I did suggest it.

People don’t listen to my suggestions often. That’s why I have you guys.

You guys are great.

We eventually got home.

No dinner. We ate cold chicken sandwiches. We had a Raised-in-the-South-erner with us. He said it was the way to go.

I wouldn’t know.

I should stop rhyming.

So we unload. I take a shower and bed by 12:00.

I work a lot.

I’m tired.

Gio.

PS: Afore mentioned flash story for Interested: Crazy. And a new section to my Navbar. (smiley)

I just added the white pick-up truck in there. Bare with me here.

1 Comments:

Blogger My little life said...

Oh yes you poor workaholic, it happens to the best of all of us. Of course usually the best don't get themselves into such mess, hehe.. sucker..

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home